The Right Fleet
Transocean is constantly evaluating the sophistication and marketability of our rigs in order to maintain our position as the industry's leading fleet. We can help you find the ideal rig for your project, regardless of geography, environmental conditions or water depth.
More than 60% of Transocean's 31 ultra-deepwater rigs are less than 10 years old; nine were delivered within the last four years. Our ultra-deepwater fleet represent the most diverse and flexible rigs in the world with some of the newest rigs featuring our patented hybrid power technology.Explore all ultra-deepwater rigs
- Max Water Depth: Ranges from 7,500-12,000 ft
- Max Drilling Depth: Ranges from 30,000-40,000 ft
- 28 have dual activity capability
- 30 have dynamic positioning stationkeeping
We operate 13 harsh-environment semisubmersibles, all with propulsion systems, and several featuring dynamic positioning systems. From ultra-deepwater with dual activity to deepwater and midwater semi-submersibles, you can find a rig for any manner of cold, windy, high seas environments.
- Two of these rigs feature dual-activity capability
- Seven rigs are equipped for shallow depths, two for deepwater and three for ultra-deepwater
- Operating Variable Deck Load capacities range from 2900 to 6500 metric tons
- Three units with full DP and moored configurations for the ultimate flexibility
Transocean's fleet includes four midwater semi-submersible floaters for customers looking to drill in shallower depths. The majority of these rigs come with a 15,000 psi BOP and hookload capacities ranging from 1 million to 1.3 million pounds. Every rig in this category is equipped with a mooring system.Explore all midwater rigs
- Max water depth ranges from 1,500-4,500 ft
- Max drilling depth is 25,000 ft
- Operating Variable Deck Load capacities range from 2,700 to 3,990 metric tons