Transocean Ltd. Provides Fleet Status Report
ZUG, SWITZERLAND-October 24, 2016-Transocean Ltd. (NYSE: RIG) today issued a Fleet Status Report that provides the current status of and contract information for the company's fleet of offshore drilling rigs.
The report includes the following:
- Discoverer India - As announced on October 3, 2016, the customer elected to early terminate the contract effective December 2016, prior to its expiration in January 2021. Estimated backlog associated with the contract cancellation was approximately $760 million, excluding the early termination lump-sum payment of approximately $160 million.
- Transocean Barents - Awarded a 15 month contract offshore Canada at a dayrate of $260,000 ($119 million estimated backlog added, excluding mobilization).
- Sedco 712 -
- Awarded a 16 well contract in the U.K. sector of the North Sea at an undisclosed dayrate.
- Awarded a one well contract in the U.K. sector of the North Sea at an undisclosed dayrate.
- Transocean Spitsbergen - The customer exercised options at an undisclosed dayrate.
- Estimated 2016 out of service time increased by a net 113 days due primarily to contract preparation and mobilization related to the Transocean Arctic and Jack Bates. The company is currently committed to 98 days of planned out of service time in 2017, including the contract preparation and mobilization associated with the Transocean Barents.
- The midwater floaters Transocean Driller, Transocean Winner and Sedco 704 were classified as held for sale. The rigs will be recycled in an environmentally responsible manner.
The report can be accessed on the company's website: www.deepwater.com.
Transocean is a leading international provider of offshore contract drilling services for oil and gas wells. The company specializes in technically demanding sectors of the global offshore drilling business with a particular focus on deepwater and harsh environment drilling services, and believes that it operates one of the most versatile offshore drilling fleets in the world.
Transocean owns or has partial ownership interests in, and operates a fleet of 57 mobile offshore drilling units consisting of 29 ultra-deepwater floaters, seven harsh-environment floaters, four deepwater floaters, seven midwater floaters and 10 high-specification jackups. In addition, the company has five ultra-deepwater drillships and five high-specification jackups under construction or under contract to be constructed.
For more information about Transocean, please visit: www.deepwater.com.
The statements described in this press release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These statements contain words such as "possible," "intend," "will," "if," "expect," or other similar expressions. Forward-looking statements are based on management's current expectations and assumptions, and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. As a result, actual results could differ materially from those indicated in these forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially include, but are not limited to, estimated duration of customer contracts, contract dayrate amounts, future contract commencement dates and locations, planned shipyard projects and other out-of-service time, sales of drilling units, timing of the company's newbuild deliveries, operating hazards and delays, risks associated with international operations, actions by customers and other third parties, the future prices of oil and gas, the intention to scrap certain drilling rigs, the benefits, effects or results of the anticipated merger with Transocean Partners LLC, the failure to obtain Transocean Partners LLC unitholder approval for the merger and the satisfaction of other conditions to the consummation of the merger and other factors, including those and other risks discussed in the company's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015, and in the company's other filings with the SEC, which are available free of charge on the SEC's website at: www.sec.gov. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize (or the other consequences of such a development worsen), or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those indicated or expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. All subsequent written and oral forward-looking statements attributable to the company or to persons acting on our behalf are expressly qualified in their entirety by reference to these risks and uncertainties. You should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Each forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date of the particular statement, and we undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that occur, or which we become aware of, after the date hereof, except as otherwise may be required by law. All non-GAAP financial measure reconciliations to the most comparative GAAP measure are displayed in quantitative schedules on the company's website at: www.deepwater.com.
This press release, or referenced documents, do not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities, and do not constitute an offering prospectus within the meaning of article 652a or article 1156 of the Swiss Code of Obligations. Investors must rely on their own evaluation of Transocean and its securities, including the merits and risks involved. Nothing contained herein is, or shall be relied on as, a promise or representation as to the future performance of Transocean.